Made this meal for our special guests, who came all the way from Antarctica to visit. Yup, you read right!
If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m a sauce girl! I love having a jar of fresh homemade sauce to add that extra umph to any meal. This was no exception!
I had the idea of doing these stuffed chicken breasts a few days ago, I didn’t even know I was going to add the pesto, until I saw it there, all green & bright!
Serves Serves 3-4, can serve up to 7 people
Pear & Pesto Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts, AIP!
30 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 5 tbsp kale pesto*
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 ripe pears
- 5 tsp mustard (omit or use horseradish for AIP)
- 3 tsp salt (may use black pepper too if not AIP)
- 10 slices bacon (check labels for sugar, nightshades etc)
- 2 cups kale chopped stems & leaves, I had these left over from my creamed kale soup!
- 1/2 haas avocado
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until desired smoothness.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Peel & slice pears in to 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Butterfly chicken breasts, cut in to them from the side, lengthwise to open them up like a book, leaving them attached in the middle.
- If you have a meat hammer, give them a light pounding. It's not absolutely necessary, but it will help with the wrapping.
- On one side of the breasts, smear pesto, on the other mustard sauce (or horseradish/wasabi)
- Arrange 3-4 slices of pear on one side of the breast.
- Fold over the other side, close like a book, pick up in one hand, holding it shut, and sprinkle with salt mix.
- Then wrap with 2 slices of bacon in a diagonal, overlapping pattern.
- Repeat with all breasts.
- Arrange on lightly oiled sheet pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, hitting it with the broiler the last 5 minutes.
- Let them sit a few minutes before serving.
- We had them over cream of kale, and it was delightful!