I’ve made several versions of plantain bread, usually a play off of my Plantain Tortilla Recipe but this one is a little different.
It’s a little crispier, a little sweeter & very rustic. Cooking on the cast iron gives it that yummy toasty flavor & it doesn’t stick to it!
I love making this and cutting it up in to wedges to keep in the fridge, perfect to add to soup, salad or make a snack.
Super bonus, it’s REALLY EASY!
Great for avocado toast or with Blood Orange Shredded Chicken!
Yields 1 9" flatbread
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 plantains, mostly yellow or a little green
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp baking soda or homemade baking powder
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Peel your plantains, slice and add to blender.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend in Vitamix or high powered blender until smooth.
- Spread mix on lightly greased Lodge cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 400F for 15 (or until desired crispness).