These are gorgeous, I mean, just look at them! And I can’t really take any credit, they just do this, on their own, given a little fat & heat. Although there’s not really a recipe…. this is my “how to” and I’m sharing it because there’s been a lot of interest on my Instagram account about these beauties. So here it is.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 3 large garnet sweet potatoes, opt for ones that are longer instead of thicker
- 1/4 cup ghee, I used Tin Star cultured brown butter (it's casein & lactose free)
- or you can use 1/4 cup coconut oil for AIP
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Slice your sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Rub them down with ghee over the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place cut side down on the sheet pan & place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- When you can easily pierce with a fork through the skin, they're done.
- Use a spatula to scrape them off the sheet pan, most of them won't stick, but you don't want to risk peeling off some yummy caramelized parts.
These reheat well, add them to your batch cook!
Serve with grilled meats, burgers, eggs, or topped with ground beef & veggies. They also compliment salads well 🙂