If you read my last post… which you can HERE. You know I’m on my 5th Whole30! Whoot Whoot! I posted my meal prep + grocery list on there too! Trying to be super organized for me and helpful for you all this round! So far, crushing it…. but it’s only day 2 (haha). What I LOVE about this MEAZTA (meat + pizza) is that it’s super flavorful and different than anything else out there. There’s come cauliflower hidden in the crust. The nutty, tangy sauce thickens to a creamy consistency in the oven, crispy broccolini is just perfect and adds some green cruciferous goodness to this already super clean meal!
I used to hate the idea of meal planning or meal prep. I would seriously cook something different for every single meal. Always. My husband would even ask for me to “make that yummy thing you did last week” and I would not have the faintest idea of what he was talking about. Starting this blog trained me to write down my recipes, to re-make and re-test things. Now we have a bunch of staples which are on our weekly rotation. It not only saves time, but money too!
Between Jack’s pre-school and play dates, my work here on TCK, getting my work outs in and spending time as a family… meal prep and batch cooking have become my best pals! Here’s what I whipped up this week (remember, details in my last post):
The recipes for the crispy ground beef, chicken salad and egg roll ups are all on the blog! Yup, right here! Links… you guessed it… IN THE LAST POST!
Okay, let’s make this meatza!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 3lbs ground meat (I like using a 60/40 blend of pork/turkey, but it will also work with ground beef. If you use all chicken or turkey it will be dry, you will need to compensate by adding fat to the mix)
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ cup nut butter (I like cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 2-3 bunches of broccolini
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Mince cilantro, ginger and garlic.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the meat base until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the meat mix evenly all over the baking sheet (15x21 in sheet pan) or make 2 9" "pizza" rounds!. Make sure your meat crust is no thicker than 1/2 and inch.
- Roast at 425F for 20 minutes.
- In that time whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Taste it. Adjust to your liking. You can add more nut butter, or more lemon etc. I like it creamy and tangy!
- Next cut your broccolini into thin strips. Set aside.
- At the 20 minutes, remove the meatza from the oven and carefully tip the sheet pan over the sink to drain the liquid out.
- Set it down on a kitchen towel or cutting board.
- Use a spatula to spread your sauce evenly all over the meat base.
- Then arrange your broccolini all over it. Evenly. Think about the way you will cut it. You want each square to be loaded with broccoli. Drizzle the top with olive oil or sesame oil.... or bacon fat! Sprinkle a little salt on your broccolini.
- Pop it back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes until the broccoli is cooked and the edges are golden brown!
- Let cool a bit, then cut in to squares.
- Feed a crowd or store in the fridge for easy meals!