I wanted to make something special for my husband’s birthday. Being on Whole30 at the moment, I needed a delicious, meat n’ potatoes man meal, that I could eat. These ribs were spectacular. I was worried the lack of honey or brown sugar would leave them lacking that bbq-ish flavor. Nope, the super ripe peach was sweet enough. Complex, deep flavors, crispy skin, tender meat. Now, go make them!
5 minPrep Time
3 hr, 30 Cook Time
3 hr, 35 Total Time
- 4lb spare rib rack
- 3 tbsp medium roast coffee grounds
- 1 large peach, ripe, mashed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Mix coffee, mashed peach, garlic, ginger, salt & pepper in a small bowl, use your hands to mash and mix, getting the juice out of the peach.
- Place ribs on a large sheet pan or parchment paper.
- Slather mix on to ribs and spread and pat down. Do this on both sides, use all of the mix.
- Wrap up the ribs and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 300F
- Use roasting rack or cooling rack to cook ribs on so the air circulates all around them.
- Use a sheet pan underneath as a drip pan.
- Heat BBQ to 500F. Sear ribs, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place on roasting rack in oven & cook at 300F for 3-3 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven, place on large cutting board and use large chef’s knife or cleaver to cut ribs apart.
- Careful when lifting the whole rack, if you pick up the by the bones the meat will fall off!