This Cream of Kale soup is packed with greens, rich, satisfying & oh so reminiscent of the dairy laden cream of spinach we all grew up enjoying.
With a short list of super clean ingredients it’s the perfect addition to a weeknight meal!
Yields 2 bowls
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 bunches kale, de-stem
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 onion, chopped
- 8oz full fat coconut milk
- 8oz bone broth
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp horseradish or AIP reintro: 1 tbsp mustard
- In a large pot Heat coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add in onions, sauté until tender, add in garlic & kale leaves.
- You'll have to stuff them in there. It's ok.
- Add in coconut, broth, salt & horseradish (or mustard).
- Close lid & lower heat to medium low.
- When kale has wilted.
- Stir well.
- Bring heat up to medium high, and let it come to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, carefully transfer to vitamix & blend until desired smoothness.
- I like to leave little leave pieces, because you can clans it to a cream if desired.
- Makes 4 cups or 2 bowls.
- Perfect side for some tasty beef (or bacon wrapped chicken, wink wink)!