I’m a big fan of getting the most out of your treats. These little cheesecake bites are packed with gut healing gelatin, good fats and Rootz Nutrition Super Food Paleo Protein!
Slightly nutty, smooth, vanilla… The flavor is delicious and they’re super easy to make! Seriously, soaked cashews, a blender, some hot water and you’re in business.
I love Rootz protein, it’s lactose free and I don’t react to any of its ingredients, it has a delicious, lightly sweet choco-nutty flavor and is made of top notch super foods like royal jelly, bee pollen, sacha inchi, broccoli, coconut, banana, hemp seeds etc! However you may use any protein you already use (any flavor too!) or omit it all together. Up to you!
These are great as a healthy treat, or post gym snack! Top them with berries for breakfast or jazz them up with chocolate chips and whipped cream for a more decadent experience. I like these babies naked, just as they are.
Bonus: toddler tested and approved!
Check the side bar on the blog, if you want to get some Rootz use discount code ‘thecastawaykitchen” and save 10% on your entire order! Yeay!
- 10 ounces raw whole cashews
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp Great Lakes Beef gelatin (or gelatin of choice)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar truvia blend (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 scoop Rootz Superfood Paleo Protein (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (optional)
- Soak the cashews in water for at least two hours, until swollen and tender.
- Drain, rinse and place in the blender.
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender.
- Add in the boiling water and secure lid on the blender.
- Bring the blender up to high speed and blend until the mix is thick, creamy and completely smooth. You may need to stop an scrape the mix down once or twice.
- Line a baking sheet with silicon or wax coated muffin liners, or pieces of parchment paper.
- Distribute the mix, about 1/4 cup in each muffin cup, will make about 10.
- Set in the fridge until firm, about an hour.
- Carefully peel away the muffin liners.
- These little crust-less cheesecakes will be sturdy enough to hold in your hand but creamy, and smooth inside!