I was jonesing for some teppanyaki …. Especially that divine creamy mustard sauce, so, I made my own 😍
Teppanyaki Style Chicken Thighs!
Yields Seves 4-5
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3 tbsp sesame oil (can use coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke (read label, make sure it doesn't have color, sugar or molasses)
- 1 tbsp mustard (again, check label)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 6-7 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- For the sauce: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Taste, adjust salt to your liking (I didn't add any).
- For the chicken:
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Arrange chicken thighs flat on the bottom once hot.
- Salt lightly.
- Cook 2 minutes each side.
- Then lower heat, brush with sauce and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 more minutes.
- Turn over, brush with more sauce, top with bean sprouts & cilantro!