Hiya folks! I’ve compiled my favorite low carb recipes from the blog. These are all super delicious and made with just the right combination of fat and protein to fit into your low carb macro goals. Bonus! I’ve included a recipe from my e-book!
As I’ve shared many a time… I truly believe that everyone needs to find their PALEOYOU. The shade of paleo that works best for your unique situation. For me, it’s low carb paleo. Not exactly Keto though. I keep my total carb intake below 100 grams a day. I don’t do net carbs. I eat plenty of fat and protein. I avoid sugar, although I do like the occasional treat. I work out, I sleep well, I feel great. This is working for me.
I think low carb works for a lot of people. It can help with SIBO, I can help regulate hormones, I can help with insulin resistance. If you’re all about dem sweet potatoes and feel great. Do your thing. But if you feel your paleo isn’t working for you, or you’re not seeing the results you want… try going low carb paleo. I promise you can still eat amazing food.
To learn more about the details of the paleo I follow read this!
Snacks & Sides
I love this recipe from my ebook: Thirty Five Low Carb Paleo Recipes to Help You Thrive! It’s easy, beautiful and delicious. The book is packed with gems like this one. Click here to purchase the PDF.
- 1lb chicken cutlets
- ½ cup Greek dressing
- ¼ cup loose basil leaves, fresh
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. capers
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine your chicken cutlets and Greek dressing in a large bowl. I use Primal Kitchen’s brand, it’s really heavy on the oregano!
- Let it marinate for at least thirty minutes. You can also
- do this overnight or set it to marinate in the morning.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Arrange your marinated cutlets flat on a sheet pan.
- In the bowl of your food processor or blender combine macadamia nuts, garlic and salt.
- Pulse to combine until the mixture is crumbly and sticky.
- This will be your “cheese”. Set aside.
- Sprinkle rosemary and basil over chicken.
- Then spoon some macadamia nut mix over each piece of chicken.
- Add a few capers, sprinkle a little salt.
- Lastly drizzle some ghee over them and they’re ready for the oven.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes until your cheesy cutlets are golden!
- If you can’t find (or eat) macadamia nuts you can also use whole, raw cashews for the “nutty cheese”