I made this tonight for dinner and it was delightful! I think it’s called a pizza because it’s round & has tomato sauce, but really this delicious vegetable creation is more like a casserole or layered vegetable pie. It’s a helluva meal, whatever you want to call it!
(recipe adapted from Primal Dish)
Serves serves 2-3
30 minPrep Time
47 minCook Time
1 hr, 17 Total Time
- 2 1/2 cups roasted sweet potato, large dice, skin on
- (toss in coconut oil and roast at 350F until tender, you can do this hours before or even a day ahead)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Flavor God Everything (or your favorite herb blend)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup coconut flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp ground shiitake mushroom
- Ghee (for brushing)
- If your oven is still on from roasting potatoes great, if not, turn it back on to 350F.
- Prepare baking sheet or pizza stone, line with parchment paper & dust with coconut flour.
- In food processor pulse all ingredients, except ghee until it has dough like consistency.
- It will begin to ball up like wet sand.
- Remove from food processor, use spatula to dump out in to bowl.
- Shape in to a big ball and place on center of dusted, lined baking sheet...
- Use your hands or a spatula to start flattening it out.
- Have a glass of water on hand.
- When the dough starts cracking wet your hands and smooth it out.
- Coconut flour is so absorbent, it's ok, you might use quite a bit.
- Keep doing this, spreading, wiping, and flattening in a circular outward motion, until the crust is about 1/2 inch thick.
- There definitely shouldn’t be pooling water on your crust, but you can use as much as you need, little by little to get the job done.
- Bake your crust for 25 minutes, remove from oven brush your crust with ghee and add your toppings.
- I added marinara sauce, asparagus, broccoli, onion & spinach.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350F then give it 5 minutes under the broiler before removing from oven.
- Let cool a bit, cut & serve!