Made this seemingly epic dish for a wine night & it was a hit. It’s healthy, hearty & goes great with red wine 😉
Sweet Potato Bacon Casserole
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 3-4 garnet sweet potatoes
- 1lb bacon
- 3tbsp bacon fat
- 2 tbsp Flavor God Pizza
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 cup Kraut
- 1/2 Greek Yogurt, full fat, unsweetened
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Wash 3-4 sweet potatoes, slice in 1/8 inch slices
- You can always use the slicer attachment on your food processor to slice them.
- In your cast iron skillet, cook 1lb bacon in batches.
- Render the fat. Set bacon aside.
- Arrange your sweet potato slices vertically in a deep pot or pan.
- Drizzle with bacon fat, salt, Flavor God Pizza seasoning.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Then broil for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime mix 1/2 cup full fat, unsweetened Greek yogurt & 1/4 cup Farmhouse Culture Kraut.
- When your potatoes are done & ready to sere top with yogurt/kraut mix.
Please follow and like us: