I’ve been missing chocolate a lot lately. I think it’s because I’m feeling so much better & I know that chocolate isn’t a trigger food for me. What is? Sugar! Major trigger.
I’m not a fan of using sugar substitutes… BUT in scarce moderation, sugar substitutes derived from plants, that don’t spike my insulin are OK. In this recipe I use Erythritol, used in large amounts it can have negative effects on digestion. Large amounts are not used in this recipe, and I do not consume erythritol everyday, so I say GREEN LIGHT! on these chocolicious muffins!
Very brownie like, very rich tasting, very healthy. These muffins work for dessert or breakfast!
Enjoy with dairy free Ice cream or coffee ♥️
Yields makes 12 muffins
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (I used It's Organic!)
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean scraping
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/3 cup erythritol, or 1 cup brown sugar truva blend
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped salted almonds (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder & salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk coconut oil & sugar replacement until well combined.
- Add in egg whites then egg.
- When froth add in vanilla.
- Add dry mix to wet mix until it's hard to stir, then slowly add in hot water.
- Use 4oz scoops to fill muffin tin.
- Top with chopped salted almonds!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from baking pan.