BROWNIESSSSS! Need I say more?
Ok, ok… so these aren’t your garden variety brownies. They’re paleo, as in gluten free, grain free, dairy free.
So WHAT is in them? Coconut flour, pastured eggs, honey, cocoa powder!
When using coconut flour I always use VERY little because it’s so dense! These came out very airy, light, but super flavorful. The chips, coarse salt & pistachio are all on the top which work out so well, when you bite in to them you definitely get that “oh wow” effect!
Yields makes 9-12 brownies
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp pistachio crumbles
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (if you don't have any, mix vanilla extract or scrapings with a little honey to make a thick vanilla syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350F, 9x9 baking pan, sprayed with coconut oil
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) whisk eggs, oil, honey, vanilla extract- for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, baking powder.
- Whisk or sift or air out.
- With mixer on low, add in the dry mix to the wet mix.
- Then gradually increase the speed to fully combine.
- Pour mix in to baking pan, sprinkle with pistachio crumbles, chocolate chips & coarse sea salt.
- Then in a diagonal pattern, drizzle the vanilla bean paste.
- Bake for 15 min, check to see if it's cooked in the center by sticking a tooth pick in it. If it's clean, you're done.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting them. enjoy!