HEEEEYYYY! So if you saw my last recipe, the Bacon Wrapped Tuna Cakes you’ll know that I’ve been playing with Raw Spice Bar’s latest flavor kit, Oktoberfest themed, and delicious! Last night I used their Caraway and Anise Bread seasoning, pretty much pretzel flavored… oh em gee! So good!
The folks over at Raw Spice Bar are so rad they’re going to give one of YOU a free 3-5 Monthly Spice Box!
Bonus! When you enter, I’ll send you a free Whole30 compliant meal plan!
Ok, so back to the spices, because I made some delicious stuff with them!
These Coconut Schnitzel Roasted Broccoli Crowns were a huge hit with the fam!
Easy to make:
9-12 medium broccoli crowns + 3 tbsp bacon fat + 2 cups shredded coconut + 1 envelop Schnitzel Seasoning + 1 tsp salt
Pre-heat oven to 375F.
Coat broccoli crowns in bacon fat. Sprinkle with salt.
Mix 2 cups shredded coconut with 1 packet Raw Spice Bar Schnitzel Blend.
Coat crowns in coconut mix. Arrange on sheet pan, floret up.
Roast for 30-40 minutes.
Done! These go great with with pan seared sausage, grilled steaks or roasted chicken!
The last thing I made, inspired by the gorgeous recipe cards that came with the spices was this pretzel seasoned plantain flatbread, which I served with persimmon turkey sausage!
The turkey sausage was make with 1 pound ground turkey, 1/4 cup diced onion,2 minced garlic cloves, one ripe persimmon all diced up, 2 tbsp ghee, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp of the Raw Spice Bar Caraway blend.
Brown everything in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. In the meantime, prepare the flatbread!
Pretzel Plantain Flatbread with Persimmon Turkey Sausage!
- 3 yellowish-green plantains
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1/2 contents of Raw Spice Bar Caraway Anise blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Blend everything in a food processor until a thick paste forms.
- Add in a little bit of water as needed to get mix moving.
- Use a spatula to smear the paste in a castiron skillet or pizza pan.
- It will make a 10-12 inch round, but you can make it any shape you want.
- No thinner than 1/4 inch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining seasoning.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Soft and savory bread, perfect for scooping up the persimmon turkey sausage.