If you’re a chocoholic, like me, this is a saving grace! It’s so hard to find chocolate without sugar in it.
Even the good stuff still has it. So, you make your own, and you’ll never look back!
Raw Cocoa Truffles
- ½ cup raw organic cocoa butter (food grade) I use Nativas, but you can also buy it on Amazon.
- ½ cup + ¼ cup organic raw cocoa powder again Nativas, Rapunzel is another great cocoa option.
- ¼ honey or maple syrup (you can add as much as ½ cup)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- In a thick glass cup or bowl grate your cocoa butter and put it in or over a pot with simmering water (think double boiler or bano de maria).
- Make sure not to get water in the butter, stir gently until melted- this will take a while.
- Have a metal bowl ready over ice and a plate with the extra cocoa powder on it.
- Once butter is melted, remove from heat and quickly mix in honey, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon & coconut extract, mix until smooth.
- Then pour into cold bowl and stir, scraping the solidifying parts off the bottom and sides.
- Do this until it has a play dough like consistency.
- Roll in to balls with your hands (if your hands are melting it, run them under cold water or wear double latex gloves).
- Immediately after you form each ball, dust with remaining cocoa powder & place on a cool plate.
- Let those babies sit in a cool, dry place for a while.
- They won’t melt, promise!
- Viola! You have soft, rich, tempered truffles!
Please follow and like us: