Pancakes are always a hit in my house. My son & husband love them & it’s a great way to get them to eat a nutrient dense breakfast!
8 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 4 tsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- In large bowl beat eggs, milk, honey & oil together.
- Add in all the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (it doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth).
- Mix will be on the thin side, like gravy. Let it sit for 10 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb moisture. It will thicken a little, you will feel some resistance when stirring and the mixture will coat the spoon.
- Heat small 6’ skillet on medium heat.
- Spray coconut oil lightly and evenly in skillet.
- Use a ladle to measure out each pancake (about 1/4 cup).
- Make one at a time. They will be the width a 6” skillet.
- When you see the edges drying and little bubbles forming, flip over & cook for another minute or two.
- This mix will make 3 large pancakes.
- *If you have a smaller skillet, a 3 inch one, by all means make 6 small pancakes