Paleo Slow Cooker Chili
5 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1lb organic grass fed beef
- 4 carrots
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste (1 cup no-mate paste)
- 1 sprig parsley, oregano, rosemary
- salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- bacon fat, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 bay leaves
- Heat slow cooker on high.
- Add in broth & tomato paste, whisk.
- Small dice onion & grate carrots etc.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat fat on medium high.
- Add onion, 5 minutes later add carrots, garlic & bay leaves.
- Saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add in beef & seasoning, mix well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned.
- Move meat mixture to slow cooker, stir well.
- Close lid and turn heat to low.
- Cook for 5+ hours until read to serve.
- This was delicious, tender & super flavorful!
- We ate it over okinawa sweet potato mash with ghee & garlic, topped with cilantro & avocado! WOWZA!