What do you make when you’re having mamas & toddlers over? … A super tasty & healthy snack ♥
Paleo Coco-Plantain Muffins!
This easy blender recipe is sure to be a hit!
Yields makes 12 muffins
Paleo Lemony Plantain Muffin with Toasted Coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping tbsp flax meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 1 large yellow plantain
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- Flaked coconut to sprinkle on top
- Mix flax meal & water, wait 10 minutes.
- In blender mix oil, peeled & sliced plantain & add flax mixture, blend on high until almost smooth.
- Then add lemon rind & juice, baking powder, coconut & tapioca flours, pinch of salt & coconut sugar.
- Blend until smooth. It will be liquid but not look completely smooth, it may look almost like curdled dairy.
- Turn off blender & mix with a spoon. It will smooth out.
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil and spoon out mixture into seven muffins.
- Top with flaked coconut, sprinkle with coconut palm sugar and spray with coconut oil lightly.
- Bake at 350f for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Healthy, easy, delicious.