Oh my! These little mud pie jars are ☀
Rich, sweet, smooth & crunchy… Oh! And super healthy!
How to make ’em…
despite their size these little treats are rich & satisfying, perfect for sharing ♥
Yields 2 cups
25 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak at least an hour)
- 4oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4oz coconut palm sugar (you can use honey or maple syrup too- but you will use less water)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 ripe haas avocado
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4oz walnuts
- 3 tbsp PB2
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- Mix cocoa power, palm sugar, coconut oil & avocado with salt in one bowl.
- In separate container or bowl measure out walnuts, PB2 & date sugar (or a pitted date), mix up with hands.
- Add walnut mix to vitamix & pulse until it's crumbly.
- Use spoon to get all of it out of blender.
- Set aside.
- Wipe out blender.
- Add in cashews with 1/2 of the water, oil, cocoa, avocado, salt & date sugar.
- Blend on high until silky & smooth adding small amounts of water as needed to keep it moving. Only add water when it won't move for a few seconds.
- I used about 3/4 of the water (aprx 1 cup).
- Pour pudding mixture (it will be warm from the vitamix) in to cups or 6oz mason jars, about 3/4 full.
- Top with walnut/PB2 mixture, press down ever so gently to flatten.
- If you want, sprinkle shards of unsweetened baking chocolate & a little extra PB2 on top.
- Cover, let set in fridge for 2 hours.