I’ve done quite a bit of stuff for PRE Brands now. How can I say no to amazing, grass fed beef!?!? Not only is their beef delicious, it’s the most tender I’ve ever seen. If you only need to know one thing about them, is that they are a Whole30Approved brand. For me that pretty much covers any “vetting” I would do.
The Primal Option
The Paleo Way
Don’t stress it if you’re not comfortable eating cheese or you just don’t. I usually JUST DON’T. Really, I only had one taco with feta on it… the rest of the meatballs were enjoyed over greens with my dairy free option. Part of my lasting paleo lifestyle is the choice to only enjoy things like white rice or lactose free cheese sparingly. So… throw these bad boys over some chopped greens and whip up some creamy Greek dressing and call it a day! There’s instructions for how to do this in the recipe below. You see, I go you!
Mediterranean Meatballs Three Ways
In the end I made this dish three ways. In a pita pocket, cheese and all, which my husband smashed.
In a cassava flour tortilla with the feta salsa which was dreamy AF.
As a salad with creamy Greek dressing, which was delicious!
- 2 pounds PRE ground beef (I used 1# 85% lean + 1# 95% lean)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground toasted cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced lemon rind
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup small diced seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- *Dairy free option: OMIT the feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek Dressing (I used Primal Kitchen)
- 2 tbsp thick cashew cream
- I made the recipe on the Otto's Cassava Flour Bag
- You can also use my plantain tortillas recipe
- Serve it over chopped greens with the dairy free dressing option!
- For The Meatballs:
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Mix the ground beef with all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in a large bowl.
- Shape 12 medium sized meatballs.
- Pour olive oil in a small bowl.
- Roll the meatballs one by one in the oil before placing on the sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes.
- For The Salsa:
- Chop cucumber in to 1/4 inch cubes. Mince the mint leaves and juice the lemon. Toss all the ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- To assemble the tacos:
- Make tortillas according to instructions: I use the recipe on the back of the Otto's Cassava Flour bag, you may also use Plantain Tortillas
- 1 cup chopped romaine
- 2 meatballs
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Add chopped romaine to your tortillas and place a meatballs over it. To eat right away, spoon the salsa over the meatball. For a packed lunch, store the salsa in a small container on the side, and add to the taco
- before eating!
- Make your meatballs and salsa ahead of time, and you have a quick grab and go lunch for the rest of the week! Also works well with paleo or regular flour tortillas as mini tacos!