My air conditioning has been broken for three days. THREE days. Today they came to fix it, but no, they need another part and a three hour appointment to fix it. So, we’re cooking in here. Literally. It’s consistnely between 85-89 degrees in my house. I’ve been on a cooking strike. But I broke it for this beauty. Technically I grilled it, all of it, so I still haven’t turned on my stove.
Pre-Brands Grass Fed Beef sent me some product to play around with, and a fried egg burger was on their wish list of recipes. Ya don’t have to twist my arm too hard 😉
I love the grilled sweet potato toast, a great way to jazz up a simple component. The charred radicchio, which is slightly bitter contrasts perfectly with the sweet potato. Add herbs, mayo and an fried egg to the heap and call me happy!
- 1lb PreBrands grass fed beef 85% lean
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 leaves sage
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 head radicchio
- 3 duck eggs
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise (I use Primal Kitchen)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp minced dill
- Slice your sweet potatoes vertically in to 1/4 inch thick, long sheets, like toast.
- Soak in a bowl of water while you prep the rest of the meal.
- Mince garlic cloves & sage.
- Mix in a large bowl with beef, salt & pepper.
- Shape 3 large beef patties. Coat with avocado oil. Set aside.
- Slice radicchio in to 3 slices and separate 3-4 leaf bunches.
- Coat in avocado oil and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Mix mayo, mustard and dill in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Turn your grill on high.
- Let it heat to 450F.
- Drain sweet potato, pat dry, coat in avocado oil.
- Place sweet potato slices on the grill, in the back where it's really hot.
- Grill 2 minutes with the lid closed. Flip.
- Repeat, then transfer to the top rack.
- Place burgers on the grill. Close the lid. Grill 3 minutes. Flip. Repeat.
- Move burgers to top rack.
- Carefully arrange radicchio in the grill to char. Use tongs to carefully flip the leaves.
- Once they have toasted edges, take off, set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on the grill or in the side burner.
- Heat avocado oil in the skillet.
- Crack the eggs in to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook until whites are solid and edges are crisp.
- Use a knife or a mason jar ring to separate your eggs.
- Using the ring makes perfect circles to top your burgers .
- Arrange two to three slices of sweet potato on each plate. Place a burger patty on them, top with an bunch of charred radicchio, a dollop of dill aioli and lastly, a crispy egg!
- You can use extra sweet potato as a top bun or take a fork and knife to this bad boy and dig in!