Deconstructed Paleo Bowl Perfection! This dish was so good, and it would make an even better BOWL!
I ended up mixing it all up anyway. Something about the thick mash covering all the different textures and flavors… it’s like a little treasure hunt for your mouth (oh man, I’m a dork).
Yields Serves 2-3
30 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 head cauliflower- cut up
- 1 Maui onion-diced
- 1 Okinawa sweet potato (blue sweet potato)- small potato- diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups stock (I used homemade chicken)
- 1 tbsp mix of garlic, salt & dried parsley
- 1-2 tbsp solidified coconut fat (I skim if off chilled coconut milk cans)
- *coconut fat optional
- 1 lb lean organic ground turkey
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large carrot, small dice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp of salt
- coconut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy pork belly (bacon or panchetta will work too)
- 2 cups of brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic & lemon zest
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- In a large pot, on high, with coconut oil-- saute vegetables (sweet potato, cauliflower & onion). Once onion is tender and the cauliflower is browning, add in all of the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium- put a lid on it and simmer for 20 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove all the vegetable from the pot and place in blender.
- Add in seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Now is when you'd add in coconut fat, if you're going to use it- I highly recommend it.
- Blend that in, then you're ready to serve it.
- In large skillet with lid, heat oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add in garlic, carrot & bay leaf (this is your sofrito), it's your base of sauteed vegetables and what will flavor the meat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add in meat, breaking it up with the spatula, until it is fully crumbled & browned (aprx 8 minutes). Add in cherry tomatoes, mustard and salt.
- Stir well, and then reduce heat to medium- low and cover.
- After 5 minutes, there should be some liquid in the skillet, stir again, reduce to low, cover and let simmer until ready to serve- stir occasionally.
- Toss in seasonings & oil
- Use hands to mix well and make sure each half is coated and seasoned.
- Spread out on sheet pan, bake at 350F for 30min, broil at 500F for 10min.
- Plate your dish or bowl- sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Boom! Party in your mouth.