By the sea, summer birthday cake 🌊☀️🌊☀️🌊☀️🌊☀️🌊
Lemon poppy with Swiss Merengue Honey Buttercream
Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Cake
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour (replace with 1/2 cup cassava for paleo)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 room temp eggs
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (use maple sugar for paleo)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup evoo
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (or nut milk)
- 1 tsp lemon rind grated
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare 3 6 inch pans, oiled & dusted with tapioca flour.
- Whisk together flours, salt, baking soda + powder + cream of tartar & set aside.
- Pour oil in bowl of mixer, whisk on high until frothy, add sugar, when fluffy add in eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
- Add in lemon juice & rind.
- Lower speed and add in flour mix 1/4 cup at a time.
- When half is left, alternate milk and flour mix, ending in flour. Add in poppy seeds last.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans, about 1.5 cup each.
- I had a little left & baked a mini tester cake 😉
- For Swiss merengue buttercream I followed the recipe in #mypaleopatisserie by @theurbanposer but used honey instead of maple syrup & added plant based yellow color, and I always use @kerrygoldusa grass fed butter ?? the stars and J are almond paste cookies 🙂
Please follow and like us: