Super easy weekday meal! One skillet Country style Picadillo!
8 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 1/2 garnet sweet potato
- 3 slices sugar free bacon
- 1lb grass fed ground beef
- Salt, pepper, thyme, marjoram
- Small dice onion, sweet potato, bacon.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium high.
- Throw in bacon & onion. Stir often.
- Once tender, add in sweet potato & stir well.
- Keep it moving until the sweet potatoes are just becoming tender.
- Add in beef, with spatula, break it up, add in seasoning.
- Turn heat to high for 5 minutes while you mix it continuously, browning the meat.
- Once well incorporated & browned, turn to low and let it sit for a few minutes.
- This is great over greens, or with a side of steamed broccoli or cauli rice!
- It tasted like the holidays to me… or maybe it’s just my longing for fall weather.