I made this beauty for Mother’s day… for myself. Yes, I make my own cakes, don’t judge me 😉
Paleo chocolate cake topped with Paleo chocolate pudding/cream.. yes, please!
Serves Serves 8
30 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 cup coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup maple sugar or granulated honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Up to 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ ripe haas avocado
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- For cake, preheat oven to 350F and have 8" spring form pan greased with coconut oil and ready.
- In a sauce pan melt 1 cup coconut oil or grass fed butter on low, stirring often. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk 4 eggs then add ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 cup maple sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, pinch of salt.
- Then slowly pour in melted butter in to egg mix while whisking, but don’t over mix.
- The melted butter with slowly almost cook the eggs, so don't pour fast or they will curdle. If you over mix, the cake will be rubbery.
- Pour cake mix in to prepared spring form pan, use spatula to get it all out.
- Smooth the top, and bake 25-30 min. It will be almost fudgey but not rubbery.
- Soak 1 cup raw cashews overnight.
- Drain cashews of water. In a high powered blender (I use a Vitamix), blend:
- the cashews, cocoa, avocado, honey, vanilla and salt, adding filtered water as needed so the mixture keeps moving and smoothing.
- Use prod of necessary to keep it going.
- Blender might get warm, that's ok.
- Once pudding is super slick and smooth remove from blender with spatula.
- You can change the cocoa portion depending on how dark you want it, or you can leave it vanilla, or add berries.
- You can chill pudding overnight or you can dress cake with warm pudding to serve right away. If serving later, chill it or it might seep in to cake and make it soggy.
- To dress cake, put a good amount of the pudding in the center of the flourless cake, then using a spatula, work in outward circles to spread it towards the edges.
- Coconut creme & berries are a nice touch too!
- Keep refrigerated but take out to bring to room temp, 30 min before serving.