I love poached pears and filed them in a category of fancy desserts. After all anything you cook in wine is kinda fancy right?
Well lately I’ve been really into unsweetened treats, or snacks. Okay let’s just call them snacks.
One day I just had a delicious sounding combination of ingredients and I wasn’t sure how I was going to combine them all…. and then inspiration struck.
Chai tea, apples, almond butter.
Chai poached apples, stuffed with almond butter. Yup!
Bonus, you have delicious chai tea brewed when you’re done. I like to store it in my fridge and make iced chai latte. Yummy.
If you’ve got those ingredients and you’ve got ten minutes. Make these.
- 1 red delicious apple or other small red apple
- 2 cups water
- 2 tea bags spiced chai
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp ghee (optional)
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Peel and carefully core your apple. If it breaks in two, that's ok. Roll with it.
- Bring water to a boil in a small sauce pot.
- Submerge tea bags in the pot and add the apple to it.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat with a fork or tongs, fish out your apple.
- Pour your tea out into a jar for later use.
- I mix my almond butter with a little ghee to soften it up, but if yours is already soft don't worry about adding the ghee.
- If you're apple broke in two, that's cool. The almond butter with bind it back together, if not, use a spoon to carefully fill the center with almond butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- If you wish drizzle a little honey over it, but I think it's just perfect without it.