Carrot Apple Soup
Hearty & sweet. Perfect on its own or paired with a savory protein dish!
Yields serves 4
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 5 large carrots
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 large onions
- 2 gala apples
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced Rosemary
- (AIP reintro: 1 tsp ground pepper)
- 2 cups bone broth
- Chop carrots, onions, peel & chop apples.
- In large pot heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add in onions, sautéed until tender. About 8 minutes.
- Add carrots, next add in apples, herbs & seasoning.
- Stir well.
- Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Add in 2 cup bone broth.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Stir. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer with lid on for 30 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Carefully transfer to blender & purée until smooth.
- Garnish with cracked pepper & herbs or top with shredded chicken!