These bad boys are so easy to make and very tasty! I like to make them savory & incorporate them in to comfort food themed meals, but a little honey and some cinnamon would be mind blowing in the sweets department.
Yields 6, 3 inch pancakes
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 yellowish-green plantains
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Tin Star Foods brown butter ghee, more for cooking
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Peel the plantains.
- Slice them and add them to the bowl of your blender.
- Add in the eggs, ghee, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until smooth
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Use ghee to coat skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup pancakes,1 or 2 at a time in skillet.
- You may need to lower the heat after a few minutes if the pancakes are start to caramelize.
- The sugar in the yellowing plantains browns quickly.
- Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
- Continue on medium-low heat. When edges of pancakes are dry, carefully flip, and cook 3-5 minutes on other side.
- Serve with a little extra ghee on top and pulled pork, fried eggs or even ribs!