I love one skillet meals, total bonus if you just eat right out of the skillet!
I got this beautiful bunch of rainbow chard from the Farmer’s Market. I just love earthy greens & eggs. I added loads of onions & a side of bacon… and avocado. Have I mentioned I love breakfast? Especially high fat, low carb, protein loaded meals will fuel me to run after my toddler all morning & keep me full for 5 hours.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 1 small bunch rainbow chard
- 2 duck eggs (or chicken eggs)
- Salt, pepper
- ½ avocado
- Wash greens, dry, rough chop. Set aside.
- Slice onion in thin slices. Set aside.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium high, once hot, lay 3 slices of bacon in it, separated.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- I like my bacon crunchy— cook it to your liking and remove from skillet and place on lined dish.
- Immediately add onion to skillet, lower heat to medium.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add in greens and stir well until greens are wilted.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper.
- Once your veggies are nice and toasty arrange them evenly in skillet.
- Lower heat (medium-low) & crack 2 eggs right in to your skillet.
- Cover with lid— eggs with cook slowly.
- Once the egg whites are no longer translucent you’re ready to eat.
- You can add your avocado & bacon right to the skillet or leave them on the side.
- If you’re in to hot sauce… oh yeahhhh… use it!
- Note: I know it's tempting to cook your bacon on full blast- but that can burn the fat it's rendering, which you need to cook with- don't turn the heat up higher than medium-high. It will get crispy with time.