I made this recipe for Pre Brands Beef. I love them. Not only are they super nice folks, but their grass fed beef is top notch. Seriously. The best. Recently they contracted me to develop a few recipes for them, which I’m thrilled to do. Any chance to play with good meat, I’m all over it. Ok, I’m aware of the suggestive nature of my last sentence. Ha! Would it be highly inappropriate to throw out an “that’s what she said”? I swear, I’m a total feminist…. with the sense of humor or a thirteen year old boy.
Ok, back to adulting. Anywho… if you follow me on Instagram (@thecastawaykitchen) then you know I ended Thanksgiving with a stomach bug. Gross. No one wants to taste dinner twice… that’s not what you mean when you want leftovers. Ew. Ok… so because of that… I refuse to eat my leftovers. I know, I just cant. Luckily, I had to make this dish. It was perfect. Yes, I ate it white rice and all. My rumbly tummy just loved this meal, and after a day living off of probiotics and coconut water…. and the fact that I didn’t absorb any calories from the previous day…. I was hangry. So I gave my low carb rule a rest and went to town on this #teamwhiterice thing. Dang it was good.
Make It Seriously Paleo (and Whole30 Compliant)
Chillax…. this would be AMAZING with cauliflower. Specifically the frozen riced cauliflower from Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. So… next time I make this, because it’s doing down, I’m going to use cauliflower, probably omit the peas and add in broccoli instead for a totes Whole30 Compliant fried rice! I photographed this for a “lunch box” campaign, so it really shows what a great meal prep, take to work meal this makes, or even lunch for your kiddo’s because everyone likes fried rice! Bonus this BEEFED UP fried rice is more meat and vegetables than rice or “rice” so it’s a definite one skillet entree!
Yields 8 servings
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2lbs Pre Grass Fed Ground Beef 98% lean
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 celery leaf stalks
- 1 cup organic frozen peas (or broccoli florets for Whole30!)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups cooked white rice (use frozen riced cauliflower for a grain free/low carb version)
- Sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Dice your onion, carrots and celery into small cubes.
- In a large, somewhat deep skillet (or a large wok!) heat the ghee and the sesame oil on medium-high heat.
- Add your veggies to the skillet and saute until tender and the onion is translucent, stir often.
- Add in the beef and break up with a spatula, stir often until all the beef is browned.
- Add in the salt, pepper and mustard. Stir well.
- Add in the frozen peas (or broccoli) and stir well.
- Bring the heat up to high.
- Add in the cooked rice, the coconut aminos and the fish sauce. Stir well.
- In a separate skillet, quickly scramble your two eggs.
- Add them to your meat mixture.
- Keep stirring on high heat until some of the rice begins to toast, or the cauliflower rice.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot. Or let cool, portion out and store in the fridge for grab and go lunches all week!
- If you don't have a way to heat your food at work, heat it up at home, and store in an insulated thermos so your meal is hot at lunch time!