Sometimes I get that baking itch, and although I try not to keep to many treats in the house (even paleo treats) this banana bread is pretty darn healthy. I also practiced control had 2 slices with coffee for breakfast one day & have left the rest as snacks for my husband & son. Go me, insert pat on the back.
This little loaf is dense, moist & lightly sweet with a spiced flavor. Perfect coffee bread.
- 10 pitted dates, soaked for 3+ hours
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean scrapping
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- Pinch ground ginger
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Drain soaking dates & place in blender with eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil & vanilla bean.
- Blend until smooth & frothy, about 1 minute on medium high speed.
- In a bowl whisk together coconut flour, spices, salt & baking powder.
- Fold wet mixture in to dry mixture, combine thoroughly.
- It will start off watery & thicken as you mix.
- Mash one of your bananas & fold it in to mix.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan. Slice your second banana & arrange on top in pattern or design of choice.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then insert toothpick to check if it’s done. If toothpick doesn’t come out clean, the bake for another 5 minutes & check again. Mine baked almost 40 minutes.
- Repeat until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- The edges will be a little darker, as will the peaks, but most of the loaf will remain golden when done.