Albacore tuna has recently made a pretty big comeback in my diet. With options like Safe Catch brand which are tested for low mercury and use sustainable fishing methods, why not? Tuna is a great protein, and it’s really cost effective. Let’s be real, it costs more to eat healthy. Is that fair, moral, makes sense? No. But for some reason, in the country, real food costs more than packaged franken-food. As a single income family, I’m all about making those dollars stretch without having to give up delicious, healing, nutritious food.
When Raw Spice Bar sent me their flavor kit I was thrilled. Spices are one thing which tend to add up, but are also essential when cooking paleo! For only $8/month you can get freshly ground, top notch, super creative, internationally inspired spice blends delivered to your door. Pretty cool right? Not only do you get these recipe ready spice kits, they send you awesome recipes cards too! The spice blends are enough to make 3-4 servings, so pretty much 12 perfectly seasoned meals, for $8! All spice kits are vegan, paleo, gluten free, sugar free and organic! High Five! Even better, you can personalize your subscription with their Flavor Quiz!
CLICK HERE for more Raw Spice Bar Recipes like Coconut Schnitzel Roasted Broccoli & a Raw Spice Bar Giveaway!
Ok, enough fangirling. Here’s this delicious recipe!
- 4 cans Safe Catch Albacore Tuna
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp mayo (homemade or Primal Kitchen)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fine ground almond meal (optional)
- 1 Mustard Seed & Horseradish Raw Spice Bar Flavor Kit
- 10-12 slices bacon (sugar free bacon for Whole30)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Open and drain tuna. Flake the tuna out into a large bowl.
- Add in the fresh thyme leaves, mayo, egg, salt and spice packet.
- Mix well to combine.
- Shape 1 inch balls.
- One by one wrap the balls in bacon slices.
- One slice of bacon per ball, around once then fold and go in the other direction.
- Arrange bacon wrapped balls on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with mayo drizzle, paleo ranch or as is!
- I love these over kale and cucumber salad.