I’m starting to pick up a little steam with my AIP recipes. This one epitomizes that sentiment. It was a quick lunch, ready in under 20 minutes.
Healthy, light & absolutely delicious.
Yields 2 bowls
8 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 1lb Mahi Mahi, I used 3, 4oz center cut fillets
- 3 heads garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp lemon rind minced (dried)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 medium parsnips
- 3 bay leaves
- 7oz full fat coconut milk
- 1-2 sprigs sweet basil leaves, whole
- Cut mahi mahi in 1/2 inch chunks, toss in a bowl with salt, garlic, oregano, sea salt and lemon rind, lime juice and lime pieces.
- Dice onions, carrots & parsnips in to small pieces and saute in 2 tbsp coconut oil in medium sized pot with bay leaves.
- Saute on medium-high heat and move often so the onions don't burn.
- Add in mahi mahi with all the garlic, juices and lime pieces.
- Bring heat to high.
- Stir until the fish is all seared.
- Then pour in coconut milk.
- Stir well and bring to a rapid boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop up all the basil.
- Turn down heat to low.
- Stir, add in basil, let it sit/simmer for a few minutes, no more than five, you don't want to over cook fish.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with more basil and avocado.
- Bright, light, beautiful.